The BPX6620 PCI Express Backplane
The BPX6620 PCI Express backplane provides electrical connections for one x8 and one x4/x1 PCI Express plug-in I/O card and ten PCI-X/PCI option cards. It supports a single or dual-processor PICMG 1.3 single board computer that drives the PCIe card slots and the PCI-X option cards via three dual-channel PCIe-to-PCI-X bridge chips.
The twelve total slots support standard PCI Express, PCI-X and universal PCI plug-in I/O cards typically used in communication platforms.
Key features of the BPX6620 PCI Express backplane include:
- Supports one PICMG 1.3 combo or server-class single board computer
- Supports two PCI Express and ten PCI-X/PCI cards
- 1 – x8 PCI Express electrical / x16 mech. connector directly from SBC
- 1 – x4/x1 PCI Express electrical# / x8 mech. connector from SBC via IOB33 module Link width is SBC dependent
- 2 – 64-bit/133MHz PCI-X
- 8 – 64-bit/100MHz PCI-X
- Three, dual-channel PCIe-to-PCI-X bridge chips
- Support universal PCI plug-in I/O cards
- Two 10/10/100/1000Base-T backplane Ethernet ports
- Four USB 2.0 backplane I/O connections
- ATX/EPS, terminal block and right-angle/high-current input power connector options
- Long-life backplane with 7+ years of availability enhances system design stability
14-slot form factor supports a PICMG 1.3 SBC, PCIe and PCI-X option cards
Board dimensions: 12.3” x 11.9”
The nominal backplane thickness is 0.080”; however, the backplane mounting holes are recessed 0.018” on the bottom to provide an effective PCB thickness of 0.062” for use in the chassis design process.
PCI Express Slots:
One, x4 PCIe slot (x8 mechanical) from a SHB via an IOB31 module
One, x8 PCIe slot (x16 mechanical) driven directly from SHB
Two, PCI-X slots, 64-bit/133MHz
Eight, PIC-X/PCI slots, 64-bit/100MHz
See datasheet or mechanical layout diagram for detailed slot routing information.
12.3″ x 12.9″ (14-slot)
1 – x8 PCI Express 1.1 electrical / x16 mech. connectors
2 – 64-bit/133MHz PCI-X 8 – 64-bit/100MHz PCI-X
1 – x4/x1 PCI Express 2.0/1.1 electrical# / x8 mech. connector
#From IOB3x on SBC / link width SBC dependent
BXT7059 Single Board ComputerBXT7059 Details
JXT6966 Single Board ComputerJXT6966 Details
MCXT Single Board ComputerMCXT Details
SLT Single Board ComputerSLT Details
TSB7053 Single Board ComputerTSB7053 Details
BXTS7059 Single Board ComputerBXTS7059 Details
JXTS6966 Single Board ComputerJXTS6966 Details
MCXI Single Board ComputerMCXI Details
SLI Single Board ComputerSLIDetails
PICMG 1.3 Combo or Server Class
Agency Approvals and Compliance
Designed for UL60950 and CAN/CSA C22.2 No.60950-00, EN55022:1998 Class B, EN61000-4-2:1995, EN61000-4-3:1997, EN61000-4-4:1995, EN61000-4-5:1995, EN61000-4-6:1996, EN61000-4-11:1994
The standard BPX6620 backplane is available with is available with power connectors suitable for use with either an ATX or EPS power supply.
+5V, -5V, +5V AUX, +12V, -12V and +3.3V power connection and status.
Operating Temp: 0°C to 60°C
Storage Temp: -20° to 70°C
Humidity: 5% to 90% non-condensing
The BPX6620 is a lead free, RoHS compliant backplane.
Single Board Computers